Saturday, June 23, 2012

$400 Kiss

$400 Kiss (trailer to come)

This was brought to me by an old college friend over in Flint Michigan, Charles Shaver, who had this idea of three directors shooting three different films and showcasing them all together for Project Swan.

He sent me the script for $400 Kiss, a romantic and vulgar nior script. After reviewing it, I said "yes" and revised the script. We had to cut a lot of things down to make it more realistic. The contract was a challenge as were were to keep it as a low budget film and everything had to be donated including the actors and crews time. Luckily, I had the best people in LA to help me out.

We had a blast playing with all the "toys" we had. We have all this equipment around us for jobs, yet we rarely get a chance to play with them ourselves. We had access to any Wooden Nickel equipment and my friend Hillary had her own equipment and Claire had her Canon camera to shoot with. Everyone had such grand ideas, I directed and produced it but I really enjoyed everyone taking their own ideas and contributing on this project like it was their own. I did not want to take away from that. We had the natural dramas that creep on sets, but we over came them in the end.








No comments:

Post a Comment