Saturday, June 23, 2012

Going Green Film Trailer

Check out the Trailer  GGFF 2012


The Going Green Festival need a trailer to promote the Festival. Enter David Dibble. He had done the one for 2011 and now he was doing the 2012. He worked with Super8mm film, which is how I got involved. David Dibble and I met on set on Beautiful Damnation some time back. He was the DP and I was a Producer for it.
He called my office last year about doing the trailer for 2011, I talked my boss into donating film and HD telecine for his project. He called me again for the 2012 trailer and this time asked me to work with him on it.
We went to Hanford, Ca. to shoot. This was a small farm town and everyone seemed to want to be a part of the filming. I had kids constantly ask me if I needed any water or coffee that they can get for me.  We shot in this old run down mill, which was dirty and scary but was not a time to act like a helpless dame. The crew were people I mostly worked before with so it seemed to go by really easy. Super 8mm cameras are so easy to work with and to transport from one scene to the next the set up times were quick and painless. Running film, you do not have the options of 30 takes so we did a couple takes and it was on to the next shot.
Hanford is where David grew up in, so he gave us a grand tour of this town that looked straight from the 50's set of "Back to the Future" We ended up at the best place for ice cream, Superior Dairy and had ice cream that came in the size of a volleyball. I could not finish mine but the Sound guy David Hersey sure did.
David Dibble is like a local celebrity in this community he even made the papers there. Big Time



No comments:

Post a Comment