Saturday, June 23, 2012

Vita Eternum DP


 Vita Eternum trailer

This job I did moments after I graduated school, I remember I was so tired from the semester and wasn't sure if I had the energy to do it. But I did and I am happy with how it turned out. I am not sure how I got this job, but I showed up and didn't know anyone (which is normal) but it turned out this crew was all very sweet and friendly and went out of there way to make me feel welcomed. This film had sword action and fight choreography. The group had a lot of background with this and was something new to me. 
John-Paul (The Director) had talked to me about some of the framing and set ups he wanted to do. There was a long homemade track on the hill that I was nervous wouldn't be too stable to work with. It turned out pretty smooth. Then he pointed to a scaffolding that some people were building and I was to hang from the top to get the next shots (the overheads). I don't think I said anything but looking at the scaffolding I was certain I was going to die. But went up anyways. After seeing the footage, I think it was my favorite of the whole picture. [Note to self: Just go with it] The next shots I had fun with was the fighting scenes. All handheld and following the acton. It was a beautiful fight scene that was choreograph and it was my intention to justify it as such on camera. 
John-Paul had a lot of SFX composition and special effects to do (no I did not go to space to shoot the beginning) and I didn't hear from him a year after shooting. When he sent me the final work, I had almost forgot about it but I loved how it turned out.
I the end, I was an outsider to this project as it was for their church. I am assuming that is why they kept my name out of the IMDB credits, as their principle photographer,  but still got a DVD of it and my name is listed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment