Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Layered Cake Films: Weddings


LAYERED CAKE FILMS WEBSITE

I am not a fan of wedding event shoots but the wedding shoots that Michelle made were different and that is why when she asked me to work with her, I couldn't resist. Michelle is an editor who worked with us at the Super 8mm film house that I worked at. Well...we got to talking and she needed some help. Surprisingly, they were a lot of fun. Weddings can be very boring to shoot but when you shoot on Super 8mm film or even 16mm film it bumps things up to a cooler category.  Take a look at some of the demo's that is on the website page and you would have to agree. I was able to get down and creative with some of the shots and got to visit some great locations like Santa Barbara and a private zoo in Irvine.
These wedding videos...sorry...films are short and sweet as a crazy montage of the event that is bearable to watch; Not some two hour wedding documentary video like the ones you were forced to watch of your cousin back in the day. It is an old fashion twist on the modern wedding.

The Best Of This is a sweet montage of all the highlights and to my surprise I am in this video too. (In a good way) and my favorite wedding cake.
Scotia & Juan This wedding was so much fun and the only one I shot 16mm along with Super 8mm. Very beautiful wedding and such nice people.

Yeah cake!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment